Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I'm a wordy bitch, release date, and editing

For a while now, I've tried to find a home for two short stories of mine. I submitted them both to a certain publisher, because my usual publisher, Dreamspinner Press, doesn't take short stories at the moment.

It turns out their house style clashes really badly with my writing style. While I know I'm wordy, oh so wordy, it's how I write. The people who like my stories know this and they accept it. The publisher would have wanted me to make significant changes, which--especially with the shorter story--would have even changed the tone of the story.

There is such thing as artist's integrity. I know that if I'd changed the stories and offered them to this publisher again, they would sell a lot better than if I'd self-publish them. But I just can't do it. I can't butcher the stories I love just to get the published. I have an active schedule, plenty of longer stories, novellas and novels, coming out this year. I don't necessarily need these short stories to be published.

So I decided to self-publish them instead. I'll let you know when I do. They won't cost much, three or four bucks total, so don't worry. ;)

Secondly, the first part of my shifter series, Finnshifters, will be released tomorrow! I'll do a proper post tomorrow, and at some point soon I'll tell more about the series at Sue Brown's blog. The next two parts should come out this year too, so there will be plenty of these "cats and dogs" for you to love soon!

Third thing I thought I'd mention, is my next novel, Technically Dead, I'm editing right now. It's set to be released in July-August, I don't know the date yet. As the name suggests, it's a vampire story. As I edit it, I keep getting to parts that make me remember why I loved to write this book last November.

There's a soundtrack for the book, I'll release it as a whole at some point when it's been published. But the general main theme of the book is Lost In You by Three Days Grace. I'll attach the video for an acoustic version of it below.

Until I ramble at you, in my usual wordy style, again, see ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment