Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

I should be writing, but...

Okay, a proper status update is in order, I think. Not right now, but I was writing and my brain got shuffled like a deck of cards and here I am, updating my blog. Praise the ADHD.

Anyway. My first novel, By Any Other Name has been out for almost a month now. It's doing really well, better than I expected, actually. So I'm quite happy. I know the issues the book has and some reader reviews have stated those, so I don't really disagree with the "not-so-good" reviews this time.

I have two submissions in at Dreamspinner right at this moment. They're both contemporary and I like both of the stories. Not too angsty, but still not too fluffy romance either. I like both of them and we'll see if DSP picks them up or if someone else might.

There are two release dates you might want to know about. The first is a Halloween-story for Summerhouse publishing. It's called Finding Eternity, and it's a F/F-short story with vampires and blood and angst and all the good stuff. The release date is October 28th.

The second one is a short story with a trans-theme. It's called Lucky and it will be published by Dreamspinner Press in January 2012. I'll keep you posted for the exact date when I get it.

I'm working on a short story for one of the DSP's anthology calls, who knows if it will end up there or not, but I'm working on it anyways. It's about men and...trout. Don't ask. ;)

There's also another, longer story in my WIP-folder, it's BDSMey and good, I hope. This story is on hold right now though. We'll see when I get back to it.

Aaand then last but not least, I'm going for two new things soon-ish. One is a three story-series about shifters, and we'll see about what happens with it. It would have M/M, F/F and M/F/M-stories in it.

The second new thing is my plans for this year's NaNoWriMo. That one is a vampire story, very dark and angsty. At least that's my plan for NaNo anyways. Who knows where the muses will go...

Oh, and on yet another piece of news, my swag is ready and will get to me at some point in the next few weeks I think. So then I'll be sending them to some contest winners etc. And I might just hold another contest eventually. :)

That's about it. Back to the writing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment